Tuesday, May 01, 2007

sick!


The reason that Luke didn't eat his dinner last night wasn't because he had filled up with pop, it was because he was sick! When we got home from dinner last night Luke went in and turned on his Curious George book on cd and then sat on his bed and listened to it. This may sound like normal nighttime behavior but, believe me, it is not. He is usually wound up and requiring parental assistance in getting ready for bed. When I went in to help him get his pj's on he was burning up. He took some ibuprofen and went down for the night (ha ha). He got up at midnight and was on fire and needing his mother (ie. his mother's hair). I gave him more medicine and let him come into bed with me. He then proceeded to wake up every hour and ask for me to hold him. Noah, in the meantime, decided to have a huge diaper that required changing his jammies, wiping him down from head to toe, and then calming him down enough to go back to sleep. Do you think they planned this out together?

Luke has been pathetic and lethargic all day long. It's really tragic to see a child so limp and weak. He is usually so full of life. There is, however, something sweet about comforting my sick child. Sick days and nights bring back some of my most vivid childhood memories. I try to recreate the things that my mom did for me when I was sick: gatorade with ice, saltine crackers, a bigger television allowance, and lots of hugs. I was holding Luke today and wishing that he had my mom's lap to sit on. It is, in my mind, still the only place to be sick.

1 comment:

Emily Bell said...

poor little buddy