


Noah had his six month checkup today where I was chided for not providing Noah with enough solid foods (we only feed him about every other day). My doctor told me that he needs to be eating solid foods every night. I know that she is right but there are a few obstacles. I am always so excited to start solids but peter out after the novelty has worn off. It's messy to feed a baby, the baby food smells yucky, and Noah often sleeps through dinner. But, the biggest problem is that while Noah loves to eat, he hates to be fed. It's a big fight over who gets to hold which spoon-- he always wants the one he's not holding-- and not being able to get food in his mouth fast enough. To date, every feeding ends with him yelling at us. Tonight we solved the problem. I mixed up his squash and rice cereal and put it in the mesh feeder and let him feed himself. Success! He loved being in control of the food and sat quietly through all of dinner, happily sucking squash through the mesh holes. He still made a mess but that was quickly remedied by putting him in the bath with his brother who had dumped half the sandbox over his head and needed another bath today (both the boys had two baths today-- that has to be some kind of a record). We'll see if he's still into eating this way tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment