Thursday, May 31, 2007

Pride Rock

It was so good to hear from Brent and Ashley. I have to ask though, was that picture of the ocean just to make us jealous? It worked Brent dear.

I wanted to record the game that is being played out at our house as of late. It goes something like this:

Luke stacks all the couch cushions on the love seat and then climbs to the top and announces that this is Pride Rock and that he is Mufasa. He then barks out orders for the hyenas (me) and baby Simba (Noah).

Here he is letting us know what our jobs are. Mainly, I am supposed to listen to him call me names and tell me not to take over the pride lands.


Noah's job is to climb to the top of pride rock and take "his rightful place" as king.

Noah always does his best. Unfortunately, he has no sense of balance. This results in the hyenas (yes, I have to play multiple characters) having to pick him up and comfort him after he falls on the ascent.

The game usually ends when Luke, I mean Mufasa, captures me in the milk crate cage behind him.

The funny thing about this game is that it has probably been a year since Luke has seen Lion King. We have seen many, and I mean many variations on this game since that time though. I hope you are all engaged in similar adventures at your house.

No comments: