Monday, June 11, 2007

hot dogs and magnets (a.k.a. the forces of good)

We had another wonderful Monday adventure with Whitney B. . It was a beautiful day and we were both hungry and so we decided that a picnic was in order. I had a few treats at my house but we felt that a few additional items would add to our excursion and so we went to Trader Joe's. Luke loves going to Trader Joe's because they have carts his size to push around. We picked up a baguette, some good swiss cheese, a cucumber, some yummy fruit leathers and some dark chocolate covered raisins. This made for a delightful picnic in the "secret garden" (as Luke likes to call it) at our neighborhood park.

Here are some views of our adventure:

Luke adores Whitney. I adore Whitney. It is so nice to have another adult around.

He was surprisingly still during the picnic. He just sat on the blanket with us and munched on all the goodies. This was a change because it seems like he's had ants in his pants for the past three weeks.

Yum, yum, yum. I would like to personally thank the inventor of brie cheese. This might be a good wikipedia search.



I also discovered some multi-grain and flax seed water crackers which are just delightful.

Noah agreed.


After our picnic in the park we came home to put Noah to sleep. He was cranky and didn't take a good morning nap due to teething (I'll write more about his teeth on another post). Luke got to finish watching Sleeping Beauty (he started it last week). This was the more intense part of the show. Malificent introduces the forces of hell (yes, she actually says hell in a children's movie). Luke was a little worried about what was happening and snuggled in close to Whitney. I came into the room just in time to hear this conversation:

Luke: If Malificent came to my house I would just throw hot dogs and magnets at her!
Whitney: Oh, yea?
Luke: Yes, because those are the forces of good.

Whitney and I DIED of laughter. I am sure that he just picked the first two things that came to his mind to throw. But, what I would like to know is what are hot dogs and magnets doing in his mind?

Another happy Monday to you all!

1 comment:

Emma said...

wow..i miss picnics in the the park!