Monday, June 18, 2007

cubs game

We went to our second Cubs game this season on Friday. The boys all had a great time. We met Grandma Barb there and Luke was thrilled to see her and get to sit next to her. It was a good game. The Cubs won, I think. Just kidding, I am sure that they won but that's the only thing I know for sure about the game. I am not very good at paying attention to the game when there are kids to worry about. I do like the seventh inning stretch, eating my annual hot dog, and watching Luke clap and yell. Luke and I went exploring, Noah slept, and we all ate a bunch of "sometimes" food.

Noah loved being able to look at all the people. He has figured out that if he stares at someone long enough they will stare back and he can get a smile out of them.

Luke liked the idea of the malt cup more than he actually liked eating it. He had a few bites, dug all the way to the bottom of the cup and was then done with it.
He often does this with sweets. He thinks he is going to like them more than he does.

Noah was able to squeeze in a nap between making friends.

Grandma bought Luke a little hat. He LOVES it. He was also very happy to get the chance to wear the jersey (I made the mistake of calling it a shirt and was promptly corrected by the three year old) that he got for his birthday.

He is a Grandma's boy for sure.

He ate a licorice rope all by himself. He had no trouble finishing it.


Nat feels pretty pleased with the fact that he is raising a couple of true fans. I am happy to accommodate them and tag along. It was a great game-- wonderful weather, good company, and yummy food.

Thanks, Grandma Barb!


No comments: