It's Ian's time in the spotlight. Even though he is the third child in a busy family he has somehow managed to charm his way into being the center of the Bell family's affections. Ian is in a word, boy, boy, boy (I know, that was the same word three times)!
He is exactly what a two year old boy should be; wild, sweet, and unstoppable. Here are some pictures to further illustrate my point.

Ian is a
momma's boy. He tolerates his father and they even have some fun wrestling time but when it comes down to it he just wants his mom. This endears him even further to Emily.

Adventure might as well be his middle name. He has no sense of physical boundaries (who needs 'em?-- they might slow him down).

Off into the street he trots-- mom and dad warning him that he'd better be careful.

Grandma Meg describes this part of Ian as
Joie de vivre
(click for definition) Aaron has the same joy for life.
Kirkey used to make this face when he was Ian's age. We called it the gorilla face. We got out pictures while I was home and the similarities between Ian and Kirk are striking.

Handsome! (The reason that he isn't wearing his shirt is because he went up to Grandma and said, "Shirt, off!" Grandma is happy to oblige these kind of requests. I went out to find Noah completely naked while he was playing outside-- he wanted his clothes off -- she told me.)

Unstoppable!
I have really enjoyed watching the way that Ian has changed his household (that's more than just a reference to the wall drawing he is apt to do while Emily has her back turned). Ian changed the dynamic so much and the whole family is better for it. They laugh more, play more, and just love more-- Ian is so lovable.
3 comments:
Carrie, you are adorable. I love what you wrote, and it's true, and I wasn't fully aware of it. I can't get enough Ian, I might have to scroll through those again after I post this comment...
Oh, hey, does my butt look big in that first picture?
Emily,
In a word, bootylicious.
Post a Comment