Noah and I just returned from a delightful (albeit, short) trip out west. Noah was a great travel companion and it was really nice to have some one-on-one time with him. But, I REALLY missed my big boy, my husband, and yes--the garden. When I got home and pulled off the 204 (!) pictures from my camera I felt a little overwhelmed at the prospect of blogging the trip. So, I decided to break it up into smaller, more
manageable posts. I thought that I would start by blogging about each one of Emily's children (because Emily never does).
I will start with the biggest poser, I mean the child who wanted to pose every time I pulled out the camera. She reminded me of Ashley at that age, who was famous for saying things like, "take a picture of me over here." Poor Ashley, though, she was a child before the wonders of digital cameras.
Here are some of the highlights of Eliza, the one and only girl grandchild on the Donaldson side.

She has her father (and her mother, for that matter) wrapped around her little finger. One blink of those dark chocolate eyes and the little one can have whatever she wants.


Do you see what I mean by poser? Look at all the other pictures and you'll notice that Eliza has her photo face down pat.


Mom and Dad bought a little sprinkler that the kids enjoyed in the backyard.

Momma's roses






All of these pictures were taken on our Sunday walk where Eliza was happy to stop for frequent pictures.

Emily's house is amazing. Eliza's room is perhaps the best part. This is the secret garden Emily and her friend Heather painted for her princess.
Eliza is, in a word, sweet. She is such a pleasure to be around. She is very interested in others, loves her baby dolls and her brothers. I could just eat her up, she is such a delight.
1 comment:
carrie, thanks for being such a wonderful aunt. i think you should next blog about tails and their interesting functons. just kidding.
Post a Comment