Thursday, April 24, 2008
Pregnancy Dreams
One of the first symptoms of pregnancy for me has always been really wacky dreams. Sometimes they are violent, others include people that I haven't heard from or thought about in years. Almost nightly I have a dream that disturbs me enough to wake me up. Then I lay there in bed and wonder where in the world these crazy thoughts come from. There is something about the pregnancy hormones that just keeps me dreaming the craziest things. Last night's was hysterical and I remember enough of the details to share (aren't you all lucky?). I was very pregnant and I went into labor. Only I was living in the dorms at BYU. I was alone in my dorm room and knew that I needed someone to come down and help me out. I called Laurel, who came down from her room to serve as my labor support person. She did everything that a doula would have, rubbed my back, talked calmly and also helped me finish the life size Christmas tree jigsaw puzzle that I apparently had to finish before I could go to the hospital. With the puzzle finished she then called Nat (on those dorm phones we had) and he came over from his dorm to drive me to the hospital to have the baby. I had to meet him in the lobby, of course, because boys are not allowed in girl's dorm rooms (it wasn't visiting hours). Thanks Laurel, you really know how to help a girl out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(144)
-
▼
April
(16)
- On his first day of being four...
- Baby This, Baby That
- Seeing the world with them
- Nature Walks Revisited
- Pregnancy Dreams
- Number Three
- Memories of Millie's
- Buttercups, as defined by Luke
- Riding the dinosaur and other adventures with Grandma
- Cousins part II
- Does this look at all comforatble?
- Someone turned 29...
- Does this make anyone else want to giggle?
- Am I the only one?
- sleeping babies...
- This afternoon
-
▼
April
(16)
4 comments:
That's a pretty funny one. I've always had weird dreams, but the dreams I've had since becoming pregnant have been particularly vivid and strange. Like you, a lot of them involve people that I haven't seen or even thought about in YEARS. Like not even friends or anything, just random people that I sort of knew when I was younger. Strange what hormones can do to a gal, huh?
I had a few "giving birth in weird places" dreams. Remember the dream I told you about where I gave birth in my bathtub and the miniature baby was supposed to "plump up in a couple of hours"? Yeah. Bizarre.
Lol. Oh my goodness. Nat couldn't come up to your room, but he *could* knock you up! That's priceless. Good times, these hormones. Tell us some more over the next 6 months or so! :)
Woot! Yeah I do! I'm a doula in the subconscience, baby! Thanks for the shout out! Glad I could help.
Post a Comment