Wednesday, April 30, 2008

On his first day of being four...

Luke kept reminding me all day yesterday that it was his last day of being three. Sometimes there was excitement in his voice and sometimes a little sadness.

He is such a big boy now that it is easy to forget that he was my velvet headed newborn, sent to teach me about being a mother.

It was a great day, here are the highlights:

Opening presents at the crack of dawn this morning:



Preparing for dinner with Gunthers:
(Look at this table-- it's a kid's dream)

Blowing out candles on his dino nuggets:
(Nat can't feel too bad-- I didn't bake Luke a cake either)


Eating dinner outside with Tal and Jackson:

Root beer Floats:

Dinner was such a success that Tal overate and threw up right as he was leaving. You know it's been a good party when someone pukes.

Luke was so tired at the end of the day that he feel asleep on my chest right after we finished reading the scriptures. It was a sweet way to end his special day and gave me the chance to hold my baby for a few precious minutes.

Happy birthday to the sweetest four year old out there!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness...4. Happiest of happy birthdays to Luke! We're getting ready for Zoe's big #3 Saturday, and I can hardly believe it. So fun!

stacyross said...

Happy birthday to Luke! Looks like a very cute & fun celebration. Who needs cake when you have dino nuggets and root beer floats? :)

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

HAPPY B-DAY LUKE!!!

And I've been out of the bloggosphere for a while, so sorry I missed the shout out in your post about preggy dreams. Glad I could be of service!

So... wait... are you preggers?!

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

OK nevermind, I just scrolled down far enough to see the announcement about #3!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!! YAY for BABIES!

canoelover said...

You know it's been a good party when someone pukes.

Not my usual metric, but in this case I think it works. So, Carrie, what does goldfishcrackerstrawberrydinonugget puke look like?

wsb said...

Happy Birthday LUKE! I am rather sad I missed the big 4, I think I've been around for the previous 4. Give him a hug for me and see you in June.