Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Do dogs have lips?
We were driving home from a quick trip to Target (where I bought a bunch of things that we don't really need) and Luke got quiet for a minute or two (this is rare-- it usually means one of two things, he is falling asleep or has found mischief) he then asked me in his most serious voice if dogs had lips. And, he continued, if they didn't have lips how could they kiss? I answer questions like these a million times a day. But, the sincerity of this particular one struck me. He is experiencing all this for the first time. He is making sense of this life of ours and relies on me for guidance. What a privilege. What a lot of pressure! There are times when I hardly feel up to the challenge. Tonight I just feel grateful that it's mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(194)
-
▼
April
(26)
- Not so little Lukey
- A Green Thumb
- 8:52 a.m.
- Your mom goes to college
- Almost there!
- Do dogs have lips?
- Bon Voyage Emma!
- "You need to go to time out!"
- Peek-a-Boo
- Sunday Shots
- Hey Chicago, what do you say?
- Sat-ur-day is a special day...
- Mixed Media
- Little No-no
- Elm Lane meets Elm Avenue
- sometimes I feel just like Mama Bear
- This day just got a little easier
- Easter
- Walking in a winter... Wait a minute it's April!
- Yuck!
- Can we keep her?
- At the zoo
- We Got Ivy!
- Spring Break Fun
- Happy Birthday Nat!
- Luke the Photographer
-
▼
April
(26)
No comments:
Post a Comment