Monday, April 09, 2007

Can we keep her?

I am ready to have three, I think. My only request is that the next one is born three years old. It is really fun to have another big kid around to play with Luke, entertain Noah, and interact with me. We played outside this evening and then came in for baths, dinner, and bedtime/FHE.

Throw me/ Catch me is a popular game around here. I wonder how big the kids will have to be to throw Nat's back out.



The days of the sandbox are back. This is the single greatest tool for keeping children occupied that I know of. This is what I love about warmer weather-- porch time.


They had a bath with Curious George bubbles which Ivy said smelled good. She has an acute sense of smell, that one does. Luke tooted as he was getting out of the bath and she asked, "Who is stinky?" If you ever need something sniffed out call Ivy to the job.

Isn't this a sweet scene? The bed are all set up. Crush the turtle is waiting on Luke's bed for him and Bella the Beluga whale is on Ivy's.

Both Ivy and Luke went to sleep easily listening to a Curious George story on cd. I think that they were both worn out from all that hard playing they did. It's sweet to look in on their angelic faces snoozing next to each other.

Watching them interact and thinking about families all day today has given me a chance to reflect on this business of having children. It is a blessing, to be sure, to have these wonderful little beings in our lives. They are truly heaven sent.

No comments:

Blog Archive