Monday, April 09, 2007

At the zoo

We did make it out of the house and to the zoo today. I can't really describe the sense of accomplishment that one feels when a glimpse into the rear view mirror reveals three happy children, all fed, clothed, and loaded into the car. It was a great day to be at the zoo, it wasn't too warm and so we had the place to ourselves. I didn't need to worry if Ivy ran ahead or Luke lagged behind (he's still not feeling very well and kept asking if we could stop for a rest). We took things in at our own pace. Ivy was really excited to see the animals and ran from exhibit to exhibit. Luke would have had a better time if he had felt better but he was a good sport.

These are our Macaws. Ivy called them the "caws".

Ivy and Luke look down to see the whistling ducks swimming under the Macaws.

This was the first time that I have ever seen the peacock fan his feathers (is that what it's called?) It seemed to have something to do with mating because he chased the female around like this. I will have to look up why peacocks do this.

They loved our alligators. It gives me the creeps to be this close to them.

Never smile at a crocodile...

Ivy stopped at every single one of these and stuck her head through. She's a cute polar bear isn't she?

I love watching animal lovers watch animals. It was really fun to take our cousin to our sweet little zoo.

No comments:

Blog Archive