Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Luke's first movie

We took Luke to see Cars yesterday afternoon. Tickets were only $2.50 (the dollar theater is on the other side of town, and the first show there wasn't until 5 PM), and there were only four other people in the theater. He was a little scared at first--not by the content of the movie but because they set the volume to "ear-splitting" in theaters these days. Otherwise, he was pretty okay. But he said several times that he was "really, really angry" during a part of the movie in which the star Lightning McQueen was off-screen for an extended time.


This morning Luke decided that he was "Li-ting the Queen" and I was his friend Mater. I tried to get him dressed in a Cubs T-shirt, but he told me, "No, I'm not blue! I am a RED RACE CAR!" I had to go fish his only red shirt out of the dirty laundry so he could "drive" around the house.

No comments: