It took me four years in this house to feel like I had a handle on the yard. But, let me tell you, this year I am loving it. I pulled out a lot and that made what I have much more manageable. I start and end every day with a walk around the yard to see what's blooming and to stop and sniff my lemon balm, lilacs, or whatever else is smelling good.
I also really love my little raised bed. I tried lettuce this year. I have far more than I can ever eat but we are doing our best. My beets are up and need to be thinned. I had one really good harvest of spinach-- another new vegetable for me this year. I also have a few little herbs that are making a recovery from the cold and late spring we had this year. I have, however, already killed one cilantro plant-- it is fickle.
I just love watching things grow.
2 comments:
you are going to a place where things love to grow even more than Wisconsin-milder climate. Hope you can get a place with a bit of earth.
and soon I shall be there to walk the yard with you.. two days!
Post a Comment