Mostly, this picture represents a week of dealing with some weird virus. It started as a low grade fever, progressed into an awful cough and is finishing up with boogers. Noah sneezed all over his lovey this morning on the way to church. Gross. I think the worst symptom is that they both lost any ability to be left alone for any length of time. The clinginess could have killed me. I spent the whole week carrying around one child or the other while the one not being held cried to be held. Noah only napped if I was holding him. Luke nearly rubbed a bald spot on my head from playing with my hair so much. I am not exaggerating, my scalp hurts. It was not a week for weakling moms around here, no sir.
I think that's the best part of being a mom; realizing how much you are capable of on next to no sleep. Each day this week felt like such and accomplishment. The really wonderful revelation this week was that I really like being a mom, even when it's hard. I also feel endeared to my children on an entirely new level. It was the "I can love you even when you wipe your nose on my face" level (Luke did wipe his nose on my cheek in a moment of extreme sadness-- possibly the grossest thing ever). It may sound sarcastic but, this virus did empower me and help me find out just how much I can handle well. It was more than I thought!
Here's hoping for a less empowering week!
No comments:
Post a Comment