Thursday, August 09, 2007

film revisited

I shot a lot of film when Luke was a baby and then whenever there was a special occasion until I got my new digital camera right before Noah's birth. Since then I have shot exactly one roll of film. That was when we were taking Noah home from the hospital and Nat had accidentally left our brand new camera in Justin and Whitney's van before they drove back to N.L. Whitney overnighted it to us as soon as it was located (she understands these picture taking needs). We shot film while we waited for its speedy return.

That was until this week when I started to think about using some of the film I've had in my closet for months. I used some of it when taking pictures of little Haven yesterday but also took some of my boys.

Here are the faves:

In the bath:


Outside:




And finally, on the couch:

It was fun to shoot film again and have to think a little more about composition because I didn't have the luxury of instant feedback or unlimited opportunities. I think I'll stick to digital but wander back to the old Pentax SLR when I need a challenge (as if shooting two moving targets wasn't challenging enough).

No comments: