Sunday, July 15, 2007

Special Sunday

I always love Sundays around here. It's a nice time to be relieved of worldly pressures and thoughts and a good time to enjoy my family. Today there was an additional peace that entered our home and enhanced the calm that accompanies the Sabbath. Nathaniel was set apart as the first counselor in the bishopric and ordained to the office of a high priest. It was really special to be a part of both the setting apart and the ordination. It was again apparent to me that the Lord knows and loves my husband and my family. We found out on Thursday that Nat would be called and so Doug and Barb were able to be here. Doug performed the ordination. It meant a lot to have them here. Can you believe it though, I forgot to get pictures with them.

But, we made up for it later in the day. Here is how the afternoon went down:


Nat laid on the floor overwhelmed with the responsibilities of the ward and our family,

I kissed Noah,

and got kissed by Luke,

Luke took a picture of Noah's head (and my profile),


Nat got tackled by the boys,


and finally Luke got Noah in a scissor hold.


1 comment:

Meg said...

Nat, just think about Carrie having to sit with the boys alone in Sacrament Meeting! I have empathy.