It's Spinach Quiche and green salad tonight. Come on over!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
You're invited
It's Spinach Quiche and green salad tonight. Come on over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(194)
-
▼
July
(19)
- Ahhh!
- Different Strokes for different folks
- Anatomy 101
- Almost there...
- Whoa!
- blue eyes
- It's over
- Have you got your copy?
- Beach Ball
- You're invited
- First Trip to the Dentist
- Special Sunday
- Jack Jack and a trip to the Zoom
- quick photo shoot
- Kay's 85th Celebration
- Fourth of July Fun
- hair like grass
- fireworks
- Lunch at our house
-
▼
July
(19)
4 comments:
We had zuccanoes.
You've inspired me to make shepherd's pie tonight. We've got all these Elders serving in Houston who have crazy allergies. The one coming over tonight can't have chicken, wheat, garlic, most spices, etc. That rules out any pasta or chicken dishes. We aren't a big beef family, but your post hit me like a ton of bricks! However, since I only have 45 minutes to prepare it, the mashed potatoes will be store bought and the veggies will be frozen. Not nearly as satisfying as farmer's market goods, but we'll do our best. You've really saved me here. :)
Also, once I had beets in Italy and was amazed at how good they were and thought for sure I'd found a new love. I tried them once when I got back and they were terrible. Tell me, where does one get a good beet??
Jennymarie:
Farmers'market. Locally grown. Preferably organic.
Jen,
My mom is right. I think the other part to it is buying beets with their greens intact. The greens are really good to eat raw when they are young but they are tough by the time the beets are big enough to eat. You can boil them down and eat them. But, I think the beets are better with the greens even if the greens remain uneaten. Something about the whole plant being together makes them taste better. We had them again last night. YUM!
Post a Comment