Monday, July 09, 2007

Kay's 85th Celebration

We just returned from another weekend in the greater Chicagoland area. This one actually started in the city itself at a celebration of Nat's grandma's 85th birthday. We all got together at the Signature Room in the Hancock building and enjoyed a lovely dinner. My boys both did very well and enjoyed all the attention.

Noah was thrilled that there were so many family members around to smile at and to hold him.

Luke made fast friends with Aunt Bonnie, a retired teacher, who was thrilled to be corrected after calling the scarlet Macaw a parrot.

He also enjoyed his new dinosaur sticker book.

It was a spectacular view of Lake Michigan. Luke looked out the window and declared, "Toy cars!" I can remember going to my dad's office in the city, looking out and pretending to be able to play with all those toy cars and buildings.



Dinner was wonderful, it was almost poetic to watch the sun disappear and the city begin to light up.

Kay opened presents, got her cake and then we all enjoyed dessert.


Happy 85th Kay!

1 comment:

Emily Bell said...

Last night I saw Harry Potter and they showed a shot of London from above and I thought, "pretty, but Chicago's better." I love that city. Thanks for the pictures.