We had the most delightful visitor arrive today. Baby Jack Jack brought his mom and look-alike uncle over this afternoon (he really looks so much like Brian-- uncanny). He is an absolute dream-- round cheeks, big blue eyes and sweet little curls all over his head. He nurses constantly and has the rolls to prove it. I remember another little boy whose thighs told the tale of on demand nursing (remember Luke's wrists?). I felt so proud and a little nostalgic as I watched Traci waltz around the zoo nursing him in the sling. He just wanted to be held and isn't that a first child's absolute right? There isn't anything quite like the magic of new motherhood. A love fest, to be sure, and it was fun to relive it today watching Traci.I made him sit through a photo shoot (of course) and got some pictures that I really liked:





Taking his picture made me remember how fun it is to have an immobile subject. He just laid there and cooed while I moved around taking his picture. This doesn't happen at my house anymore. I employ the sport mode on my camera more than I use the portrait mode. It was a thrill to use that portrait setting today.Here are some color shots that highlight his little body:


Sweet, sweet curls
We got lunch and ate it outside the zoo. Nat came with and visited a little while and then went back to school while we explored the zoo yet again. I wish that I had kept a tally of how many times I have been to our little zoo.

Luke never tires of putting his head through these things and asking me to take his picture.
Like I mentioned, Brian was in town and came up with Traci. Brian was a year behind me in school and we spent quite a bit of time together. We worked together (frozen custard, anyone?), went to visit Traci at college a few times together, and ate lunch at my house a lot during my senior year of high school. It was really fun to spend some time with him again.



Brian possesses a certain sincerity that endears him to children. He relates to kids the way that Nat does, he get down on their level and really listens to them and engages with them. Luke LOVED him and Brian was good enough to hang out with him all day. He was genuinely interested in whatever Luke had to say and and held a series of very interesting conversations.
I appreciate it so much when people go out of their way to be kind to my children. It reminded me why I enjoyed spending time with Brian when we were in high school; he brings honesty to a new level. I think that the way the bible describes it is best-- without guile. Kids seem to be the best judges of character and it was sweet to watch Luke latch onto Brian.
Thank you, Brian, it means so much to see my Luke enjoy such sincere companionship. Jack Jack is a lucky little guy to have an uncle like you.
I appreciate it so much when people go out of their way to be kind to my children. It reminded me why I enjoyed spending time with Brian when we were in high school; he brings honesty to a new level. I think that the way the bible describes it is best-- without guile. Kids seem to be the best judges of character and it was sweet to watch Luke latch onto Brian.
Thank you, Brian, it means so much to see my Luke enjoy such sincere companionship. Jack Jack is a lucky little guy to have an uncle like you.

These lions feel like old friends to us at this point.




1 comment:
That is one fat cute baby boy, Traci. Do you ever check this blog? If so, Hi! How do you like being a mom?
Post a Comment