
I love Harry Potter. I will just put that out there. I have loved all the books and enjoyed the movies (which are fun but not nearly as
satisfying as the books). I also love my family-- even my brother-in-law Aaron. I haven't read any of the books right after they have come out because I am cheap and count on being able to borrow Barb's copy of the book. This strategy didn't work out very well for me with book number six. The end of the book was unwittingly disclosed to me while dining on Sushi with Emily and Aaron. It had somehow escaped Aaron's attention that I had not read the book yet. I was really mad-- that's the only way to put it. Nat, being the peacemaker that he is, decided to
pre-order my copy as our anniversary present. It was a perfect gift. It arrived in the mail on Saturday afternoon, cleverly packaged. I haven't allowed myself much reading time. I am about 100 pages into it but am wary to really start until I tie up some loose ends around here because once I get going there is no stopping. Nat (aka Johnny-come-lately to the H.P. scene) is already finished. It's fun to see his excitement.


I also attended two Harry Potter parties on Friday night. Borders and Barnes and Noble put one some fun festivities. Emma, Whitney, and I met Shelley at Barnes and Noble and then met up with Whitney's brother Ian at Borders, where he revealed his Dark Mark. Even though I wasn't waiting to buy the book at midnight, it felt like a once-in-a-lifetime chance to celebrate with other Harry Potter fans. Here are some pictures:









There were a lot of fun costumes. I wish that I had been more bold and gotten a picture of the fabulous house elf, little Mad-eye, or the very realistic Bellatrix. I got sorted and was disappointed to discover that I am in
Hufflepuff, home of squibs and other talentless wizards and witches. Happy reading!
2 comments:
"Even" Aaron? Come on you love him most of all...
So, when you finish, I have some good thoughts to share, Heather annalizes these things nicely...
Great pictures. I can't believe that dark mark!
Post a Comment