We went out to a lovely dinner with Jen and her husband Jonny while we were out in Utah. It had been five years or better since we had seen each other. We now read each other's blogs and email back and forth and so it feels like I know everything that is going on. I have to say though, blogging can't replace good face-to-face conversation. Jen is, in a word, sweet. She always has been. Her husband is a perfect fit and it was so good to see that in person. Thank you for the good conversation and yummy pie. Jen also gave Luke a coin bank and he has spent the last week rounding up all the loose change he can find trying to fill it. Luke LOVED Jen and Jonny. Noah just tried to tear their house apart. We think that's the way he shows love.
I have to make a confession though, there was something unsettling about seeing Jen. It felt wrong to see her and then leave and not know when the next time I would see her again would be. Her presence in my life seems like it should be much more constant. That is, after all, what I am used to and what I feel entitled to. Seeing her in person brought home the fact that so many of those once daily relationships are no longer that. And, it's tragic. All this moving around and moving on leaves relationships behind. I guess that's what blogs are for. And airplanes.
No comments:
Post a Comment