I hope that you all had a pleasant Thanksgiving. It sounds like the Utah branch of the Donaldsons had a nice, quiet time. Kirk, we are excited to find out about your baby this week! Please call after the ultrasound.
Our Thanksgiving day was nice. But, I wouldn't recommend the way that Barb and I spent the day after. We both came down with the stomach flu and spent the day perched in front of toilets on opposite sides of the same wall. How's that for bonding?
That day aside, we had a really nice time with the family. Whitney's sister,
Sarah was in town from Cleveland. It's always nice to have another family around. Sarah and I had a nice run/talk on Thanksgiving morning. I always enjoy talking with her. They should have come to Madison for dental school (wait, Madison doesn't have a dental school).
It was nice Thanksgiving weather, chilly but sunny. I never thought I would say this but I am ready for some good old cold weather. It just feels appropriate.
Whitney, always ready with a craft, brought three Gingerbread kits to assemble on Thanksgiving evening. The kids loved it.
Here is a step-by-step:

Whitney and Dave assembled both Ivy and Luke's houses. They just melted sugar down into a glaze and it worked SO well. We were very pleased with how well it held the houses together.

Luke told me where to put the frosting and then stuck his candy all over the house. He is getting so pleasant to craft with. He is interested in the final product, listens to instructions, and while he still has his own ideas about how to do things he is so good at communicating them. This is a big change from a year ago. It's so nice to see progress.


Ivy loved the frosting. I am not sure what percent went in her mouth and what percent made it onto her house. She is a crafty little one, though. I am constantly amazed at her fine motor skills. Let me tell you, she can draw one mean garden.

Finn was an equal opportunity taster. He alternated between sampling frosting and candy. A word about Finn here--he is Sarah's little boy and is absolutely beautiful (I'm sorry for using such a feminine adjective)-- he has the curliest eyelashes and sweetest blue eyes. He's a real treat to look at.

Luke wanted to make sure that every surface was decorated-- including the top of the chimney.
Nat was happy to do his part, he walked around taking pictures and sampling bits of everyone's candy.
I am looking forward to a season of crafting with my little one.
1 comment:
So much fun had by all. Sorry that I look like I'm 8 months pregnant in that shirt. I promise, I'm not prego.... :-)
Post a Comment