Thursday, October 18, 2007

farms

The boys and I have been on a tour of the area farms. There is something about fall that makes you want to visit the farm, pick apples and pet the cows. Here are some recent images.

We have picked apples twice lately. It has kept us busy making applesauce, apple butter, and our latest adventure was dehydrating apples (that'll be a separate post, don't worry). Apple picking is so gratifying because it goes so quickly. You can pick 25 pounds of apples before you know it.



Today Noah and I joined Mt. Olive Christian preschool on their trip to another apple farm. We had a great time. I love seeing Luke at preschool, he has a school persona that is fun to watch come out; obedient, solicitous of the teacher's attention and, dare I say, a know-it-all.


We also visited a petting farm recently. The last time I went here was when Luke was a small toddler. It was fun to see Noah pulling the same tricks his brother did a few years ago.


Hope you're all getting your fall farm in!

No comments: