Noah and I got up from naps today before Luke and I set him down on the rug for some crawling practice. Here is a play-by-play:
He started out cheerful. Happy to be on his tummy and playing with the little chimpanzee that Mom bought Luke at the zoo while she was here. He loves the chimp-- a perfect little teething companion.
He then started moving backwards-- away from the little chimp. He wasn't sure how he felt about that.
But he couldn't stop the backwards momentum and soon left the chimp far behind as he started making his way towards a spot under the couch. He is starting to yell at this point.
His concern grows as he starts to scoot faster now that he is off the rug and on the wood floors. Now, a kind mother probably would have picked her child up at this point. But, I was seeing this as an experiment. Could a baby get under our new couches? Luke learned to crawl while we still had the plaid couches. So, I let his yelling escalate as he went farther and farther backwards.
This was how far he got before I had compassion and picked him up. He was starting to cry a little bit at this point and I didn't want him to commit the ultimate sin and wake his brother up (waking brothers up is a terrible crime at our house-- punishable by time out if you are an almost three year old) so I picked him up and let him climb me instead. He is another active boy-- very driven to master these motor skills. What are we going to do with him?
1 comment:
Carrie, what a fun series of pictures. I look at the blog and comment. Do you read the comments?
Post a Comment