We're just home from the hospital and so I thought that I would post some of Noah's first pictures. We are all doing well. Luke is really happy to have us home. Every time that I talked to Luke on the phone he told me that he wanted me to bring baby Noah home RIGHT NOW! He got his wish and we're all here as a new little family unit.

This was right after he was born. After he did his post birth screaming he entered that magical state of quiet alertness. He locked eyes with me and just looked at me for a good long while and then latched on to nurse.

Here he is getting weighed. He is 11 ounces smaller than Luke was. It may not seem like that much but he seems a lot littler than Luke was. He also had really long skinny fingers and toes and Luke had meaty hands and feet from the start.

Here is a naked picture to embarass Spencer. Look at that soft, downy lanugo; it's like velvet.


Luke was really excited to hold the baby. Nat even let him carry him across the room, much to the chagrin of all grandparents present [Nat: For the record, I was
right there, practically holding Noah the whole time]. After looking at Noah for a few minutes, Luke said, "He's
real!" I don't know exactly what unreal kind of baby he was expecting. He said the same thing a few minutes later and again while he held him at home for the first time.
1 comment:
Look at that baby! He's incredible. I think my favorite picture is Luke holding him. I can just see him saying "he's real" right there. He looks so happy to have a brother. I am so happy for all of you and love you so much.
Post a Comment