Luke: "Um, mom, are bad guys in real life?"
Me: "No, sweetheart, you're safe."
Luke: "Okay, mom."
He then allows himself to close his eyes and fall asleep.
Here is another common one:
Luke: "Can bees get into your house if you have a hole in the wall?"
Me: "Yes, but all the bees are dead right now."
Luke: "But, there is a hole in the wall in the kitchen. Are the bees going to come in when it's Spring?"
Me: "That's not really a hole, honey, it's just a tiny dent."
Luke: "But, bees might come in."
Me: "No bees are going to come in, love."
Sometimes he has a hard time letting this one go. It helps that it's winter and there are no bees.
Then the other day we had this very sweet and funny exchange. We were snuggling in my bed at nap time and he got really serious and we had this coversation:
Luke: "Mom, can boys have tea sets?"
Me: "Of course, sweetheart." (At this point I am congratulating myself for having raised such a gentle boy who wants to have tea parties.)
Luke: "Good, then I want a Superman tea set for my birthday."
Me: "I'll see what I can do." (Superman tea set! Whoever heard of such a thing?)
Luke: "I want it to come with a sword too."
There went all my self congratulatory thoughts.
1 comment:
Carrie, this is so cute. i love that Luke is so inquisitive and sweet. i remember feeling that way too, don't you? you just want to make sure things are ok before you go to sleep.
Post a Comment