Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday night thoughts and some snow pictures

I just got home from the adult session of Stake Conference. It was wonderful. Nat went to the priesthood session this afternoon and so it was my turn to get some grown up spirituality. The talks were wonderful and rekindled my testimony in some important ways. I really like this gospel and the church it produces. When my parents met with Elder Ballard a few months ago my mom said, "He's just so mormon." I totally understood that warmth and familiarity she was describing.

The meeting also fanned the flame of adoration for my boys. That is what the gospel is about, after all, is relationships. It strikes me that the gospel supplies us with the vision of what relationships are about in the eternal sense so that we have what it takes to do the day to day things like have more and more and more patience with our children and speak kindly to our spouses. I need these reminders.

The other really good thing about Stake Conference-- no bishopric meeting tomorrow morning or bishopric obligations tomorrow. Nat will help me get the boys ready for church (and it starts an hour later!) and then he will sit with me for the whole meeting. Hallelujah!

In other matters, my hands must have thawed out because I took some pictures today. Speaking of hands though, I think I am headed for arthritis because my hands ache with this cold weather. Aren't I a little young for aching hands?

These are some cute little men aren't they? They both have little forests of eyelashes framing those blue beauties (click on the picture to get a close up).





No comments: