There were several steps to Christmas around here. I am of the philosophy that Christmas should be celebrated in stages with little ones so as not to overwhelm them on Christmas day (I also have little patience for waiting).
Stage 1: Presents from Grandma Meg
It began with the arrival of my mother's package for the boys. I let them open their presents as soon as they got here.
Stage 2: Santa makes an early stop at our house
We have arranged for Santa to visit our house early every year since Luke has been born. This means we don't have to truck all the toys down to N.L. to be opened there.
Stage 4: Christmas Eve at Marshall Field’s Macy's Walnut Room
The Fredins have been going to Marshall Fields for Christmas Eve for many years. It has been a fun tradition to be a part of. We have continued to go even after it has become Macy's. I have to confess though, the food is getting worse.
The Fredins have been going to Marshall Fields for Christmas Eve for many years. It has been a fun tradition to be a part of. We have continued to go even after it has become Macy's. I have to confess though, the food is getting worse.
Stage 5: Christmas Morning
Stage 6: Opening Presents
This vest and pith helmet have only left Luke's body for baths and meals (because it's too special to get food on) since he got it.
We are currently in the final stage of Christmas-- finding places for all our new treasures, getting back on schedule, and CLEANING!
Hope everyone's Christmas was as merry as ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment