Luke LOVES Mr. Rogers. I have been letting him watch "The Neighborhood" while I get Noah nursed and down for the afternoon nap. Luke answers all of his questions, tells him that he loves him frequently throughout the show, and heartily agrees to be his neighbor every day as we watches. We were at dinner last night and Luke says, "I really love that train named Charlie". Nat asked him if one of the trains from Thomas was named Charlie. Luke responded that no, it was Mr. Roger's train that was named Charlie and that he took us to the land of make believe. It took us a minute to realize that he was talking about Trolley. We'll let him think that his name is Charlie for a little while longer.
The other day Luke and Nat were talking and Luke burst into tears. When I asked Nat why he was crying he told me that it was because he told Luke that we couldn't go to Bear Country (from the Berenstain-- pronounced "Derenstain" Bears).
When I was putting Luke down for his nap yesterday I was sitting on the bed with him and I had Noah in my arms. Luke laid there and fell asleep really well holding my hand. When I pulled the covers back I saw that he had been holding Noah's hand with his other hand. Break my heart-- isn't that sweet.
I should really sit down at the end of the day and write down all the sweet things that Luke says and does each day. I could fill books and books. What a blessing to be his mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment