Sunday, August 20, 2006

"I want mommy to get out"


Two Peas in a Pod

These were the last words that I heard out of my son's mouth tonight at bedtime. He and his dad have gotten quite close lately and whenever I walk into the room while they are playing Luke screams something like, "No, mom we need our privacy." I think that he thinks I am going to make him or his dad do something around the house. I am officially the household nag. I am working to change that image. There are some things that are nice about it though. If Luke ever wakes up in the night he calls out for his dad. So, I get a few months free of night time parenting before I have a newborn that wakes me up every 45 minutes to eat. Oh, the joys of parenting.

1 comment:

Ashley and Caleb said...

man, Nat is a lucky guy. i bet it makes him feel so good taht Luke idolizes him like that. then again, you're pretty lucky too- none of the middle of the night moments. i hope i have a kid who wants their daddy like that.