Here's the moving report:
We arrived in Maryland Friday evening after an incredibly easy and beautiful drive-- the boys were unbelievably good in the car, Nat stayed awake while driving and I didn't get too bored-- we're going to call that success.
We have a semblance of order in the upstairs and main level. We are still working on the basement and deciding what will fit and what will go on Craigslist. I am loving the new house. We went from one bathroom to three-- quite a step up. I guess this means that Luke won't have to pee in the tub when someone else is using the toilet (he might be disappointed).
The neighborhood is terrific. We unknowingly picked the side of the neighborhood where all the kids live. There is another four year old boy a few houses down and Luke has played outside with him every day since we got here. There is another stay-at-home mom a few doors down who brought us cookie bars last night.
The ward was also very friendly. It is a large ward with a good size primary and nursery. Luke went to sunbeams with no problem and it turns out that his teacher is an old family friend-- she went to high school with my mom and her husband is a good friend of dad's (I can't go to church anywhere without running into someone that my father knows).
I am finding my way around and enjoy the challenge of getting to know a new place.
Overall, the move has gone well. The movers did lose some things and have already come back once with some random things they found on the truck. I will make a claim this afternoon about the stuff that they haven't be able to find (crib hardware-- kind of important). Hopefully, in a few weeks everything will be located or replaced.
I am still wondering if I can be anything but a Midwesterner-- part of my heart remains in Madison. I find myself missing certain things and wondering if I will find them here (good, local produce). But, Maryland is stunningly green and terribly interesting. We will see if I can convert.
Love to you all. I'll post pictures soon.
6 comments:
This time we should do a cousin check in the ward early on. Want me to give you a list of possible names?
Poor Luke- a friend to play with every day and his own bathroom. Sounds like he's having a hard time adjusting.
Thanks for the update Carrie! I've been wondering when you would arrive. Sounds like things are going fairly smoothly. I'm excited for you guys - change can be so scary and fun.
Hooray, you're here! Good luck getting settled. I am so grateful that you're near other kids and stay-at-home moms. What a blessing when you know your kids need friends just as much as you do. Can't wait to see you!
Glad you're there and safe and sound. Ivy wants to play with Luke really bad. We love you guys!
Don't convert. Madison is the only true city. MD is nice, though. We miss you. Church is a little more boring without you here. DB
Post a Comment