Thursday, July 10, 2008

Moments


I have been listening to and reading this talk over and over again. It seems like there is one of these talks every conference that speaks to me at the stage that I am at.

Here is a concept that he addresses in his talk that has been resonating with me lately, "First, recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."

The other side of the shining moments are the not-so-shining moments. I am starting to see that the only way to the shining moments is through the not-so-shining ones. But, they pass quickly and I hope to remember more of the shining moments at the end of each day and at the end of each stage.

2 comments:

The Melhuishes said...

Carrie~ you're so eloquent. what a true passage you've put in this entry. I think that all the time. Ive had a lifetime (already) of such wonderful and good moments so that if/when bad ones come I hope I will remember and they will sustain me. Some people don't get anywhere near the happiness Ive had in my life. Im so grateful for it.

meg said...

Carrie, I re-read Elder Ballard's talk. I love him and what he said there. I love being a mother to everyone the Lord wants me to mother.