Saturday, July 05, 2008

It's a...

We had our 20 week ultrasound on Friday to discover more boy parts. I am getting pretty good at identifying male genitals on ultrasounds. As soon as the technician moved over I could see that another little boy is coming our way. It's a good thing we like boys over here.

The ultrasound itself amazes me. This technician was very talkative and explained what we were looking at and what measurements she was taking. It's incredible to me to see all four chambers of the heart, all those little vertebrae in the spine, little kidneys and all those little digits. I just love that glimpse at the mystery I have been carrying around. It's magical.

Luke is a little upset that it's a boy. His two best friends have a little sister and so he has had his heart set on a little girl. I have been telling him from the start that we would love a little boy just as much a little girl-- somehow he hasn't quite bought it. He was mad when I told him that it was a boy, he had told me earlier in the day that he already had one little brother and that was enough! I am confident that he'll warm up to the idea. However, when I asked him what we should name the baby (I am completely out of ideas) he told me he was just going to call him "Stinky face". So, until we come up with something better we have a sweet little stinky face coming our way.

Hurray for little boys!

5 comments:

stacyross said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys. How cool that you got a talkative technician, too - it's so amazing to get a "play-by-play" of what you're seeing on the screen.

I hope the second half of your pregnancy is smooth sailing! :)

Emily said...

You know, it's awesome that you're having another boy...you two are so equipped to bring up the next generation of young men, I think. :) Glad you had a wonderful ultrasound experience!

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Aw! Congrats! Another boy will be super fun!!! And you totally know what you're getting into, so that's great. Luke will warm up to the idea of ol' Stinky Face for sure, and bonus, you don't have to buy all new pink onesies or dresses. :) In this economy, that's good, right? You guys have done so well on the name front so far, I'm sure you'll come up with something great.

meg said...

atticus isaac

Kirsti said...

Hurray for three little boys! You are almost up to a whole basketball team. What great news, we are thrilled for you guys.