Sunday, May 18, 2008

The doctor

Nathaniel (or Nathan, as he was introduced-- why couldn't she just read the stupid card?) walked in commencement on Friday night (he still is two or three months away from defending). Here are some highlights:




This is Nat's professor, Dave. He has been very good to us for the five years we've been here. Nat graduated with two others from his lab, Chris and Xianghui.

Thanks to Doug, Barb, and Courtney for making the trip up!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yey!!! Congratulations, Nat!

Emily said...

Hooray indeed! Many congrats, Nat. I don't see how it's possible that you're about to defend your dissertation - I still so clearly remember getting together with you two (Luke was in utero) at Bennigan's downtown and walking you to the train station afterward. Nat was just starting out the long road to Intellectual Enlightenment. ;) What a great ride!

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Contrats to Nat..s!!!! (It rhymes better that way. I had to throw the s on there for poetic reasons.) Five years! Whew! It must feel good to see the light at the end of that grad school tunnel. Yay!!! Good job, Nat's giant brain. Well played.

The Melhuishes said...

what an achievement, Nat! Congrats!

Ashley and Caleb said...

Yay Nathan, I mean Matt! He looks so happy. Those are some neat pictures of Nat and the boys. Caleb says: Is that all they give you for becoming a doctor? Funny pajamas? Just kidding. Congrats and good luck.