We have just returned from a dream like trip to San Diego. The sun shone, the cousins played non-stop, Eliza was baptized, the babies followed each other around the house and I soaked up all the love I could get in from my parents and sister. It was wonderful, just wonderful.
I have hundreds of pictures to sort through, some unpacking to do and lots of praying that my kids will be able to get back into the Eastern time zone. My mom spent the afternoon cleaning up after the storm of grandkids, dumping out half empty cans of orange crush and finding binkies stuffed in odd places. It's back to the task at hand for all of us. My mom has a mission to run, Emily has kids to raise and a husband to support as he attends school and works full time. And me, I have a major life change to figure out.
This time of job searching and future deciding has been hard on us. I, however, came away from this trip with a renewed sense of purpose and vision for these next couple of months. I just need to put my head down and focus on my kids, connecting with them and pointing out the Lord's hand in guiding us through these next months. That's it. It's simple. I don't need to stress, nag, or worry. I can just trust. All there is to do is embrace this idea, come what may and love it. I think that I might just be learning that the Lord is in charge and thank heavens because His plans are so much better than mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment