Here we are about to journey up past Ogden:
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Ye Olde Faire
I know this was a while ago, but I thought I would get on the blog and talk about our experiences at Nerdfest- I mean the Renaissance Faire. Say what you will, it was a blast.
Here we are about to journey up past Ogden:


Ian and Aaron got in some good sword practice before the jousting started.
These guys were amazing. This was real, full contact jousting. The week before when Caleb and I were here, one of the knights blacked out on his horse for w few seconds because a lance glanced off his helmet.

Those horses were huge. I thought it would be fun to watch the jousting, but it was actually kind of scary. It all ended well though, and our knight won.


Jakob learned how to juggle from the court jester. He was actually really good, and apparently went home and perfected the art and is now giving his mom tips.
We found this Robin Hood hat for Jakob and he was in heaven. Look at those archery skills.
Next year our costumes will be even cooler and we'll know more what to do and not to do. Gypsy dancing, yes. Outlaw show, no. Homemade cream soda, yes. And giant turkey legs for everyone!
Here we are about to journey up past Ogden:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
NERDY! Those kids are lucky to have some fun loving (albeit geeky) parents.
(this is Carrie, but I am logged in as Nat)
Lee thinks it is an insult to be called a nerd. He even looked it up. I can't convince him that the meaning has changed.
He needs to sit down with Caleb. Caleb literally has set definitions for "nerds", "geeks", and even "dweebs". (And lots of things in between.) He'll set him straight. All Dad needs to know is that nerdy is the new cool.
Post a Comment