Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Momma

I find myself a little teary this mother's day morn as I go through and find pictures of my mom. There are so many avenues that I could take as I pay tribute to my mother. But what comes to me is how present my mother has always was and how present she still is, despite the distance.

My mother was at every race I ever ran, no matter how far away it was. She went to every performance of every play that my siblings were in. She attended all the improv events that Kirk participated in. She advocated for Spencer wherever she could. A day without a conversation with my mom is the exception. She calls to find out how sharing time or my presidency meetings have gone. She carries on long and boring conversations with Luke over the phone. She cooked me a Thanksgiving feast after Isaac was born. She holds my babies and cares about every milestone. She is so completely there for all of her kids (and so many other kids). She is now so present and attentive to all her missionaries.

It's a miraculous blessing to have this woman as my mom. She means everything to me as I find myself following in her mothering footsteps.

I love you, mom. Happy Mother's Day!















3 comments:

Whitney said...

you are a lucky girl, indeed. meg, happy mother's day. and you too, carrie. you are a wonderful mother, you had a great example.

Ashley and Caleb said...

Love you Momma! These are great pictures Carrie. So fun.

meg said...

This may sound vain or petty, but. . . I sure have had the same clothes for a long time. Since Luke was a baby?