Friday, September 14, 2007

been so sick

Sorry about the absence. I've been on the couch, sick. On Tuesday I woke up in the night with a headache and couldn't fall asleep again until I got up and took something. I then spent all day Wednesday and Thursday mothering from the couch. It involved me saying, "Luke, go check what your brother is getting into" multiple times and then allowing the boys to play with whatever they wanted as long as it couldn't break or hurt them. Nat worked a 13.5 hour day on Wednesday so it wasn't a really great day for me to be sick. I just kept visualizing him walking in the door and me handing off the kids and shutting myself in my dark room. It didn't happen like that exactly because bedtime around here requires all hands on deck if we're going to get them in bed on time. But, I did go to bed when the boys did. I had the chills, aches, fever, earache, throbbing headache-- which made me throw up, and a sore throat. I finally went to the doctor last night and they did a rapid strep test which came back positive. Here I am 29 (almost) years old and getting strep for the first time. Yuck.

The good news is that I have resolved to be more grateful for the fact that I am really healthy most of the time. And Luke learned to help out more around the house.

Lest I publish a post without pictures here are some we took Sunday before I got sick.



2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Carrie I'm so sorry! I wish I lived closer - I would come over and take care of your boys for you. On a different note, a couple of years ago I had a strep about 4 different times in one year! It's just awful. Take care of yourself and I hope you get well soon!

Carrie said...

Boy Jen do I wish you lived close. But, not just so you could watch my kids. Strep four times in a year-- oh my!